May 18, 2012 - 09:58am
Comments:
Date Joined:
08 Feb 2012
Last Active:
01 Jul 2012
Is there anything as a Perfect Tactic? One which your assured of victory, or not losing. Because last week i was constantly dropping points, i got frustrated and found a tactic online and used that and have been winning since then. I regret doing that because it completely takes the fun of the game away. I hope theres no such thing. :(
May 19, 2012 - 05:19am
Comments:
Date Joined:
08 Feb 2012
Last Active:
01 Jul 2012
Anybody? 74 views, surely somebody must know. Im dont feel like starting a new games until i know the answer to this. :meh:
May 19, 2012 - 06:47am
Staff
Comments:
Date Joined:
02 Apr 2007
Last Active:
30 Jul 2014
There are no perfect tactics. The AI changes the way it plays against you depending on their reputation vs yours, the odds, the table, etc etc etc. As of yet there is no tactic that counters every conceivable approach the AI will take.
May 19, 2012 - 08:27am
Comments:
Date Joined:
08 Feb 2012
Last Active:
01 Jul 2012

View PostUncle Sam, on 19 May 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

There are no perfect tactics. The AI changes the way it plays against you depending on their reputation vs yours, the odds, the table, etc etc etc. As of yet there is no tactic that counters every conceivable approach the AI will take.

Okay thanks for that. And im glad there isnt anything as such. I deleted my career over this :(

And sorry for the 'bump', i know no one likes it, but i was desperate.

Cheers
June 19, 2012 - 09:52pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
12 May 2012
Last Active:
19 Jun 2012
Thank you very.
June 20, 2012 - 02:15pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
28 Apr 2012
Last Active:
22 Jul 2014
There are no such thing as "perfect tactics", but there are plenty of plug-and-play tactics which guarantee varying degrees of success and overachieving. It's also easy to discover/create one yourself if you patiently meddle around with sliders until it produces favourable results in the match engine formula.

Of course, all this cracking of the code can be avoided if the user would rather engage the AI on a level playing field by using the TC & Shouts approach.
June 25, 2012 - 01:55am
Premium Member
Comments:
Date Joined:
23 May 2008
Last Active:
28 Jul 2014
Trial and error, I'm afraid. Or just stick with an old fashioned 4-4-2.
August 06, 2012 - 10:45pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
06 Aug 2012
Last Active:
21 Sep 2012

View PostsamiLFC, on 18 May 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Is there anything as a Perfect Tactic?

There's been only been one truly dominant tactic for FM 2012 in my opinion (that had no caveats like must be strong team, must use only @ home, must have X type of player, etc).

That dominant tactic is from Tactikzzz (http://fmtacticalnewspaper.fmcrowd.com/fm-grid-system-tactics/)

It's a 4-1-2-3 system which sits deep and counterattacks. In defense he has custom man-marking from his outside forwards to drop deep covering the fullbacks (creating a 4-1-4-1 when not in possession).

It's amazingly sturdy in defense, has a fairly current corner tactic (1 atk near post, most lurk) - and if you have any pace in your CF he will score sh*teloads (look at Hulk in the above link - I've had seasons where RVP and Chamakh have beaten the screenshot's goals).

I honestly can't play more than a season or two with this tactic before the game seems broken beyond repair (in terms of any sense of realism) using both strong and weak teams.

The main thing to take away from Tactikzzz, however, isn't this specific tactic. It's his "grid" system that has behaved "perfect" through most of my testing.

I've used his grid methodology to use and maintain 3 separate tactics (using the TC) that all play the way I envisioned while applying his "Grid System" (player position despite formation, movement, passing, high defense line, etc). I keep all three in my match prep, and based on scouting opposition and whatnot I'll select between a 4-1-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1, and 4-4-2.
August 13, 2012 - 03:02pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
13 Aug 2012
Last Active:
13 Aug 2012
I don't think there are any 'perfect tactics' as such but sticking with a steady formation on the attack and defence is essential. For example, playing 6 on the attack with attacking fullbacks and set to overload you are extremely vulnerable to counter attacks. In my experience, I find when playing against teams which you are favourites to win, play a simple 4-1-2-1-2, 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-2 with the control tactic, this way you have a balanced defence and attack and still be prepared for a counter attack.