March 18, 2011 - 11:48am
Comments:
Date Joined:
13 Mar 2011
Last Active:
03 Jan 2014
ok guys need a good quick explanation of trequartista. If i'm being honest i've never even heard of it until Football manager.

is it better to have a second striker or an attacking midfielder playing this role?
which players are ideal for this role so I can use them as a guidline in the game?

cheers in advance
March 23, 2011 - 12:23pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
27 Feb 2010
Last Active:
23 Aug 2014
Trequartista is a player somebody like Messi :)
March 23, 2011 - 06:53pm
Premium Member
Comments:
Date Joined:
22 May 2009
Last Active:
10 Dec 2014
Trequartista is usually the creative playmaker playing in an advanced position. I would generally use a trequartista as a second striker but he can also be used as a CAM. Players like Totti, Van persie and Del Piero can be labelled as a trequartista.
March 23, 2011 - 07:59pm
Premium Member
Comments:
Date Joined:
10 Jan 2010
Last Active:
17 Dec 2014
basically just someone who is the creative spark, someone who can play killer passes, create a goal out of nothing, and even chip in with a few themselves and have little or no defensive responsibility. As others have said you can only employ them in ST and AMC positions. Youd be best off looking for players with good Creativity, Passing, First Touch, Flair and Off The Ball, and if ST add Finishing to that. Other useful attributes would be Long Shots and Pace/Acceleration

Players who could do a job (from my own experiences and said by others)

AMC - Pastore, Honda, Diego, Riquelme, Totti, Van Der Vaart, Jovetic, Messi, Kaka
ST - Van Persie, Del Piero, Rooney, Vucinic, Luis Suarez, Cassano, Robinho
March 24, 2011 - 01:47pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
13 Mar 2011
Last Active:
03 Jan 2014
great, cheers for the replies. at the moment my tactics dont have a space to include a trequartista role but i may start a new save just to mess about with and see if I can make it work for me.
March 29, 2011 - 11:17am
Comments:
Date Joined:
02 Jan 2007
Last Active:
12 Aug 2012

View Postreverandmoses, on 24 March 2011 - 06:47 AM, said:

great, cheers for the replies. at the moment my tactics dont have a space to include a trequartista role but i may start a new save just to mess about with and see if I can make it work for me.

If you'll notice the stats which are important for a trequartista should be shaded darker ( I think) when you choose it in your tactics.
March 30, 2011 - 11:47pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
13 Mar 2011
Last Active:
03 Jan 2014
would I be right in saying this is only worth trying with a good team then? to get the type of player needed to make this role work would require alot of money and a high rep team going by the players suggested to get the best from this role.

could this be a role used in lower divisions or even lesser leagues like sweden or even, sadly the SPL
March 31, 2011 - 09:35am
Premium Member
Comments:
Date Joined:
19 Jun 2007
Last Active:
29 Nov 2014
Not really. Sure you can`t have players in the lower divisions like the ones mentioned above, but maybe you have an attacking midfielders with high skills for finishing, creativity, decisions, passing, first touch and the other required skills and he`s one of the best players in your league0. I believe you can use him as trequartista. It all comes down to the level of the league you play in. :)
March 31, 2011 - 01:46pm
Premium Member
Comments:
Date Joined:
26 Dec 2008
Last Active:
14 Nov 2013

View Postreverandmoses, on 30 March 2011 - 11:47 PM, said:

would I be right in saying this is only worth trying with a good team then? to get the type of player needed to make this role work would require alot of money and a high rep team going by the players suggested to get the best from this role.

could this be a role used in lower divisions or even lesser leagues like sweden or even, sadly the SPL

It's definitely usable in lesser nations, you should be able to find a player that's solid in all the key stats and will come to Swedish or Scottish teams. You might have to sign older players though.

If you find the right player you can manage it in lower divisions as well, I managed to find a solid Nigerian ST who could play Trequarista and would come to the BSS. He was 33 and struggled to play 90 minutes, but he was brilliant for a season or two
March 31, 2011 - 03:51pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
11 Dec 2009
Last Active:
17 Dec 2014
You can get great results with a Trequartista, however I'd suggest changing his closing down if he has a decent enough stamina/work rate. No time for slackers in my team!
April 14, 2011 - 08:06pm
Comments:
Date Joined:
08 Aug 2009
Last Active:
08 Sep 2014
Hey.
Just wondering would you class Giuseppe Rossi as a Trequarista?

also my current team formation (for man utd 2014/15) am playing a 4-1-2-1-2
which looks like this:

======GK======
RB==CD==CD==LB
======DM======
RM==========LM
======AM======
====ST==ST====

the defence is a flat deep one, DM is an anchor man, RM and LM play supporting roles. AM is just a normal attacking mid. and one ST is a target man and the other is a poacher.

If i was to change the AM to a Trequarista would this effect my team in a positive way (i.e more control and goals) or cause it to become unbalanced?